- Candidate 1 has 17 years in the transportation business with most of his tenure and transactions managing the import/export of goods.
- For the past 4 years, he has been managing import/export ocean and air freight
- He has worked with most of the large carriers in his career in freight forwarding and has successfully worked through numerous contract negotiations with favorable outcomes.
- He is Microsoft certified and regularly develops spreadsheets for customers for tracking metrics
- He estimates his yearly volume of ocean containers is ~8-10k FCL/yr
- He is currently bringing in much larger volumes of palletized air freight
- He has extensive experience with managing customs regulations including C-TPAT compliance.
- He would like the opportunity to bring his logistics expertise into a commodity operation where transactions can be planned based on a known forecast of business.
- Candidate 1 is located in Georgia
- Candidate 5 holds a Bachelors and Masters in Maritime Operations as well as an MBA.
- She has been working in the International Logistics arena for seven years.
- Her current transportation spend averages ~$300k/ month.
- She helps set yearly objectives for her team regarding turnaround response time and accuracy of quoting, filing, billing, and invoice tracking and tracing. She reviews and improves metrics in an excel report covering daily tasks and provides feedback to managers in a monthly report.
- She’s looking for a team environment where she can utilize her expertise and have growth opportunity.
- Candidate 5 is located in Georgia
- Candidate 6 is a 20 year veteran of the transportation and logistics industry.
- He is very familiar with NAFTA trade regulations as well as most of the free trade zones across the globe.
- He has facilitated NAFTA movements of commodities for much of his career; he worked with 9 subsidiaries overseeing procurement and rate structures with ocean lines and documentation for border crossings.
- He also worked with executives and the sales team on planning and reviewed documentation in conjunction with the legal department.
- Candidate 6 is located in Georgia
- Candidate 7 has been in transportation and supply chain management for 17 years.
- She has a degree in Business
- For the last 10 years, she has been handling import/export transactions for projects needs across the globe.
As their Project Logistics Lead, she managed all deliveries to Siemens’ projects sold around the globe.
- As the logistics leads she handled shipments of electrical drives, motors, rotors and turbines for large industrial plant installations.
- She also trained staff on compliance policies and procedure.
- She is proficient in the use of SRM and SAP software.
- Most of her recent focus is concentrated on negotiating savings on contracts with suppliers which are expiring and helping determine which new supplier to bring on contract.
- Candidate 7 is located in Georgia
- Candidate 8 has 11 years experience in transportation and logistics
- She currently handles compliance for all border traffic – entries and exits – air, rail, ocean, intermodal.
- Last quarter she handled 865 entries including auditing compliance, regulations, classifications, adherence to free trade agreements and reviewing entries for clearance.
- She has dealt with C-TPAT and understands the certification, but documentation for those entries is normally handled in the brokerage department.
- She deals directly with customers daily regarding customs regulations and stays on top of all the agreements that impact their shipments.
- Candidate 8 is located in Georgia