DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING – MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS
The primary responsibility of the Sales Manager is to foster and develop customer relationships to maintain existing book of business and profitability as well as grow the business with both current and new North American and European Customers. The Account Manager is the focal point for the Customer in terms of any customer satisfaction issue, and thereby provides 2-way communication to the customer and within the company in order to drive resolution. Successful program launches using the company’s APQP ISO system which meet customer expectations and deliverable are also driven by the Account Manager.
To be considered for the Director of Engineering position, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Operations Management (Master’s degree preferred)
- 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing operation including 5 years in engineering, lean process improvement, facilities and/or machinery maintenance and a minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team.
- Possess Lean and/or Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification from a recognized certifying body or global organization engaged in lean six sigma
- Demonstrated mastery in engineering best practices including lean process improvement, OEE and automation concepts and techniques (PLC knowledge a plus).
- Demonstrate project management experience in delivering cost-effective capital improvement initiatives.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, cost analysis and budgeting, people management, and leadership guidance.
- Understand manufacturing P/L relative to cost savings realization.
- Experience incorporating EHS best practices through equipment and facility management.
- Possess excellent verbal and written skills necessary to persuade and influence stakeholders’ decisions and resolve difficult situations.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry preferred