The MATERIALS MANAGER must have excellent communication skills with strong attention to detail and problem-solving. This role requires in-depth knowledge of supply chain and budgeting processes supporting all departments by providing timely and cost-effective access to the materials they need.
To be considered for the Materials Manager position, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in procurement, inventory management or operations in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5 years materials management experience with notable delivery of performance improvements.
- Solid understanding of supply chain and inventory management systems.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, technical and problem-solving characteristics.
- Experience in Lean, Kanban and various continuous improvement initiatives.
- Possess strong change management leadership and team-building motivational approach.
- Ability to train, guide and communicate effectively demonstrating excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel (pivot tables. Etc…) PowerPoint, Crystal Reports, and performing queries in ERP systems.
- APICS or ISM Certification a plus.