The Applications Engineer is the primary technical resource for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. This hire will assist in defining and executing packaging equipment solutions for customers in collaboration with sales, engineering, operations and external resources. The Applications Engineer drives the process and communicates the critical technical details that enable the manufacturing operations team to deliver projects accurately, on time, and within budget.
To be considered for the Applications Engineer position, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline (ME or MET preferred) with a minimum of 3 years in the packaging machinery field OR 7+ years of application engineering experience in the automated packaging equipment industry.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience creating layouts in AutoCAD
- Strong mathematical skills are critical
- Experience with Microsoft Access and database management is highly desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or SolidWorks is helpful
- Experience with Food Packaging equipment is a plus
- A solid understanding of basic electrical and mechanical control systems.
- Customer service or sales support experience
- Good understanding of sales, engineering and business processes
- Effective oral and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Spanish language is a plus.