DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING – Equipment Design
The DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING will lead the mechanical, electrical, and R&D engineering department efforts in the design of production equipment from concept through site testing and continue to support through aftermarket adjustments with the field service team. Must possess the ability to drive and manage multiple projects and teams, instill confidence in customers while working as the design “consultant”, and deliver value-added input and support services to solve production challenges. The Director also serves as the customer’s advocate within the company and manages projects through the operations to meet milestone dates.
To be considered for the Director of Engineering position, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Must have a minimum of 7+ years of machine design management experience in a capital equipment design manufacturing organization
- Formal training in Project Management including experience using MS Project
- Proficient understanding of engineering drawings, BOMs, and related operational procedures
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Inventor or SolidWorks 3D, and/or other related engineering tools
- Strong communication skills in large group settings and the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels within organization.
- Positive thought leader able to drive and inspire a team in the development and execution of strategies and capture plans.