Stone Mountain, GA
The PROJECT ENGINEER works closely with R&D, QA, Manufacturing, and Commercial stakeholders in the execution of projects. This hire will oversee the scope of work adhering to project design, cost and on-time delivery for assigned asset improvement projects within the company’s network of manufacturing plants.
To be considered for the PROJECT ENGINEER position, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ engineering experience in production manufacturing.
- Experience in foam, plastics, food and/or beverage manufacturing industry preferred.
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems.
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects on track.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive under time-constrained conditions.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Demonstrates ability to plan and organize your own work activities; analyze and disseminate numerical data; manage work time efficiently; follow procedures and policies; perform basic mathematical calculations, identify and solve problems.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and technical manuals.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, business writing, grammar and verbal communication skills.
- Be detail oriented, a team player and highly deadline driven.
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of good manufacturing practices (GMP), operational efficiency, project management tools, engineering concepts, Internal Systems/Databases, etc.
- Technical mastery in lean manufacturing processes, continuous improvement, proficient use of CAD software, controls and process automation and plant utility systems.
- Must have advanced computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.