- Candidate 2127ME is an engineer with both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- He has been working in product design and development as early as his college internships where he was exposed to a number of different industries – consumer products, med device, and transportation.
- He went to work out of school in a design engineering role. He was primarily focused on equipment for offshore drilling rigs. He was designing mechanical equipment from design concept through validation. Their specs called for 99.9% equipment reliability.
- He took designs through FMEA, tolerance stackups, and was using Creo to develop design packages. Much of the equipment went into high temperature applications.
- He has been in the Atlanta area for the last 2-1/2 years as a Sr Design Engineer.
- His work is all project based, but because he’s been charged with fill product line development, he usually is assigned only one project at a time. He’s learned a lot about packaging electronics giving him experience in both plastics and metals.
- He is involved in the entire upstream concept and follows the product through launch into commercialization. It’s usually about an 18-24 month project cycle requiring large teams of people on one project.
- He’s looking to expand his product development career through broader exposure to a variety of consumer based products solutions – Hand held, medical, beauty products, etc.
- He is pursuing fluency in Mandarin Chinese – he’s trying to get conversationally fluent.