STRATEGIC SOURCING MANAGER
Atlanta, GA- Hybrid Role
The Strategic Sourcing Manager position requires the development of effective sourcing strategies for the company’s commodities at the lowest total cost of ownership. Manage procurement direct and indirect categories including inks, coatings, resin, films, adhesives, aluminum foil, pallets, tape, secondary packaging, and baling wire. This position is responsible for creating a corporate wide planning, management, and reporting program for the commodities under management. Routinely updates and presents to supply chain leadership inflation and savings assumptions for commodity including long range planning projections. Will lead the cross functional team including facility buyers, purchasing managers, logistics managers and Supply Chain legal resources for material contracts while ensuring availability, service and quality needs are met. Develops, implements, and administers policies, procedures and systems by which the Company’s raw materials’ supply base is managed. Proactively evaluates, identifies and leads meaningful continuous improvement of the procurement organization’s policies, procedures and systems.
To be considered for the Strategic Sourcing Manager position, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, operations, engineering, finance, accounting, economics, statistics or other related field.
- MBA preferred.
- 5 years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Operations, or Engineering & Maintenance Management
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Must have advanced computer skills including a significant understanding of ERP (e.g., SAP, TM1, and Hyperion) systems.
- Ability to work independently and to supervise the work of others.
- Detail and multi-task oriented.