- Candidate 15WL is a strong manager with experience in logistics and warehousing. He has significant experience in food processing both on the production side and the warehousing/ distribution side.
- He has experience in cold storage, frozen foods, expiration dates, and allergen storage/ separation.
- In regards to food and cold storage, “FIFO is key- dates must be labeled correctly so rotation is correct and the right item is loaded on the truck in regards to freezing times and expiration dates”
- He is very comfortable with a “start-up” warehouse- in fact, early in his career he was an IE and ran time studies etc in the warehouse to determine the quickest and optimal flow. He was also responsible for setting up several warehouses, putting the racking in place, writing SOPs, training employees and holding them accountable. He was even able to reduce staff by improving the flow.
- He has worked a lot with 3PLs, temporary staffs, and heavily Latino staffs. In one organization, the workforce was 80% Hispanic and a large number was not able to speak any English. He was able to successfully manage these facilities even though he is not fluent in Spanish.
- He is a great communicator and highly energetic- you can tell he is passionate about what he does and loves leading people.
- He explained that he is a team player and one thing he does well is to ask a lot of questions and listen to his operators. He gets buy-in through listening to their ideas and showing them they are valued. He shares numbers and metrics daily so that everyone is intelligent about what is going on in the warehouse. That way if anyone walks in and asks what is going on today – – each person can give an educated answer and knows the numbers.
- He believes in bottom up rather than top down management and is not afraid to jump in where needed to get the job done.
- He resides in Georgia.
- Candidate 14WL has 25 years experience in distribution and warehouse management and most of his career has been in food.
- He has extensive experience in cold storage and allergen storage- understanding the importance of labeling products correctly in order to ensure there is no cross-contamination. He also spoke about the proper storage of food, FIFO etc.
- He enjoys managing people and describes his management style as: “I try to be a coach and firm but fair; you have to know your people and treat them as individuals. It is important to know what motivates them and let them know you care about them. I have no problem holding people accountable and believe in leading by example”
- He has 3.5 years experience with SAP and currently uses Oracle ERP
- In a previous role in the food industry, he was one of the first 10 hired. He was tasked with hiring the staff, labeling directional flow, categorizing, etc. It was an exciting time in his career and he would love to help build a warehouse again.
- He also has extensive experience in Logistics.
- Candidate 13WL has his Associate’s Degree in Business Administration and almost 20 years experience in Food storage and distribution.
- It is obvious when speaking with him that he is passionate about what he does. He is high energy and a great communicator.
- He has extensive experience in cold storage/ refrigeration, frozen and cold box storage and allergen requirements- he has been trained in food safety and quality standards and regulations
- He understands the deadlines and timelines associated with food storage and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. He is committed to meeting customers deadlines and expectations
- In his previous role, he was brought on when they had just purchased the space for the warehouse/ DC. He was an integral part of formatting the warehouse, planning the movement/ layout, writing SOPs and training his employees on GMPs and safety. He loved the challenge.
- He also has experience in Logistics and is currently the main point of contact for vendors and trucking. He is responsible for scheduling loads, drop-offs, pickups, etc.
- Clinton has 10+ years experience with SAP
- He has 11 years of experience as a lead and 8+ years of experience as a Manager. He describes his management style as “managing by personality – – you have to understand what makes people tick. I am all about training, communication, and clear expectations. I feel that if an employee is not performing it is typically because they do not understand what they are supposed to do. I make sure they understand through SOPs and training. I also believe in building relationships and listen to my employees- – they often have great ideas!”
- Candidate 12WL has spent the last year as a full-time student working on his Bachelor’s Degree. He has about 40 credits left and can finish them in the evenings so he is ready to get back to work
- He spent 24 years in the Air Force, primarily in Logistics/ Air transportation. His logistics role also involved joint inspections where he performed quality inspections before items were shipped out- a very detailed process.
- He has 10+ years of experience as a supervisor and likes to work alongside his employees engaging them and getting to know them so he can get the best results.
- When he left the Air Force, he bought a video store that he ran for two years in Guam. He returned to the states in 2013 and worked for a manufacturer of plastic bags as a Warehouse/ Shipping Manager. He left that role to go back to school and finish his Bachelor’s Degree. He worked a seasonal job at a local Distribution Center for three months and then started school full time in January of 2017.
- He loves being outdoors and is comfortable with spending 85% of his time in the elements. He is looking for a role where he can grow and have a long-term impact.
- Candidate 12WL is located in Georgia.
- Candidate 11WL has 22 years experience in Logistics in a Supervisor Role
- He has his LSS Greenbelt and 7 years experience in 5S- he took a 12-week 5S training class through the military in 2011
- He has extensive experience using Excel and considers himself highly organized
- He is very hands-on as a supervisor and has managed up to 47 direct reports
- He enjoys working outside and has no issue being outside 85% of the work day
- He has an energetic personality and believes in motivating his associates
- Candidate 11WL is located in Georgia.
- Candidate 10WL has 7 years experience in Logistics, 5 years experience in inspection, 10 years experience with FIFO, and considers himself extremely proficient in Excel
- He has 10+ years of experience as a supervisor and has managed up to 20 direct reports. He describes his management style as “stern but approachable – if we all focus on the goal we get good results”
- He spent 4 years in the military and was often out in the elements. He has no issues with being outside 85% of the time.
- He is not currently forklift certified but can operate a forklift.
- Candidate 10WL is located in Georgia.
- Candidate 9WL has been in the manufacturing industry since 2000. He began his career as a machine operator and worked his way up to Logistics supervisor.
- He has worked in various industries from conveyor systems to wood to printing.
- In his last role, his main responsibilities were to ensure his team of 10 cut sample boards in an efficient and timely manner for them to be sent to the shipping department for packing. His main responsibility was to check on the quality of the cut boards, ensure employees have all the PPE equipment, check the flow of the materials was completed in time for them to be sent for shipping. He was also responsible for ensuring all reporting was completed and all documents templates, packing slips completed and ready for packing/shipping to the customers site.
- He has used FIFO in his last two roles which have been in Logistics he is also experienced in using5S principles
- He has 3 years supervisory experience and his style is very much “pay attention to detail, quality and meeting metrics” in order to get the job done. He also believes that to be a successful supervisor you need to listen to your employees and be there to their sensitive needs and requirements.
- He has experience using SAP and MS Office software.
- He is forklift certified on various types of equipment.
- He is also comfortable working outside majority of his workday/shift.
- He is currently seeking an opportunity which will utilize his skills on logistics management to take the next step in his career. He has been on the market since Dec 2017, in his last role he lost his job due to whole shift getting laid off.
- Candidate 9WL is located in Georgia.
- Candidate 8WL has been in the logistics/distribution industry for 25 years.
- He has experience working on the Automotive industry and Food manufacturing industry.
- In his career, he has supervised up to 40 people from day to day as well as annual performance and disciplinary process.
- His management style/motto is “Do you job and get the job done right” He is very much a team player and likes to have some fun with his staff, his main thing is to get the job done.
- He has experience in FIFO and has used that throughout the roles in his career. He is also familiar with 5S.
- As he has worked in the industry for most of his career he is happy working in the elements 85% of the time.
- Candidate 8WL is located in Georgia.
- Candidate 7WL has 10+ years of experience in Logistics and 12+ years in a supervisory role.
- He has his BS in Social Sciences with a minor in Leadership
- He has managed up to 40 direct reports and describes his management style as “leading by example- I do not ever ask one of my employees to do something I would not do myself”
- He has a great communication style.
- He is proficient in Excel, and has 2.5 years experience with 5S and following work instructions
- He has experience with a forklift but is not currently certified.
- Candidate 7WL is located in Georgia.
- Candidate 6WL has 20+ yrs experience in Warehouse Management and has been in a Supervising role for his whole career. He has managed up to 35 direct reports and 140 temps.
- He has worked in distribution, manufacturing and 3PL environments, clothing, automotive, paper, food, and FDA regulated industries
- He is challenge-driven and has a passion for warehouse distribution. He is very hands-on and takes pride in motivating his staff by listening to them then empowering them.
- He is also keen on the financial aspects of warehouse operations. He has excellent knowledge of ERP/SAP and has been part of 3 implementations.
- His key achievements include being able to increase storage capacity by 30% through the utilization of racking in the 100,000+ sq ft warehouse, increase productivity by 20% by relocating active and fast-moving items together, decrease overtime by 20 hours weekly, by creating a metrics systems and driving production performance.
- Candidate 6WL is located in Georgia.
- Candidate 5WL has a BS in Business Management and Marketing, and 25 years of experience in Warehouse Management.
- He has supervised up to 20 employees, including temps. He feels he has a coaching style of managing employees, he wants them to succeed.
- He has extensive experience with several ERP/SAP’s including; Sage, Citrix, and StarShip.
- In his career, he has had to deal with 25 International companies where they warehoused their products that came in from the overseas containers and dealt with the specific need of international clients.
- He is always detailed oriented, excellent communication skills, responsible and timely on his duties. He often assumed responsibilities beyond his scope of work and responsibility, showing resourcefulness and initiative. He is used to wearing multiple “hats” (Forklift driver, Cherry Picker, Reach Truck, etc. )
- Candidate 5WL is located in Georgia.
- Candidate 4WL has a Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management and a Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Mgt.
- He’s currently employed and managing a 20,000 Sq. Ft facility, worth over $100k stock inventory, and manages the full procurement to shipment cycle of over $300k capital equipment cross-docked monthly.
- He has designed and created the inventory database including a custom ERP he built from the ground up with over 20,000 SKU’s in the system. He has experience in both Oracle and Peoplesoft platforms.
- As well as experience in Supply Chain management he also manages some of the field operations such as oversing PO’s, all inventory, shipping & receiving. He currently has 30 indirect reports.
- He is a Veteran in the military and has supervised as many as 60 personnel successfully.
- For his next role, he specifically wants to be in a position that allows him to grow his responsibility and management.
- Candidate 4WL is located in Georgia.
- Candidate 3WL has a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Business.
- He’s been working in manufacturing/warehouse environments for over 12 years.
- He is currently the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor and manages about 35-40 people insuring both shifts run efficiently.
- He has vast experience in highly regulated products which means he has had to manage quality and standards compliance in material handling. He has had to work under strict SOP’s design to comply with government control, from unloading inspected product, and then validate a cross-check test designed to make sure the product was still intact.
- In his current role, he has begun implementing better procedures by creating SOP’s for his pickers, his auditors and his loaders. He’s also put some visual management in place for tagging product movement and position.
- He has over 5 years working knowledge and use of JD Edwards ERP for inventory management
- Candidate 3WL is located in Georgia.
- Candidate 2WL has 15 + years of experience in Warehouse and Inventory. He has an Associates degree in Business Management.
- He has been a supervisor for 15 years with up to 45 direct reports. He has strong management skills and makes people feel comfortable, he is not abrasive but set expectations and hold people accountable. He has always felt like more of a coach or mentor to his employees.
- He enjoys being given a challenge one of his key success was to set up a warehouse in 60 days from scratch. The key to his success was to focus on 3 important areas: organization, safety, and correct inventory.
- Candidate 2WL is located in Georgia.
- Candidate 1WL had 30 years experience in experience in Warehouse Management, 25 years experience Supervisory experience and 20 years of experience with ERP.
- He has set up 3 Warehouses from bare walls to fully functioning. He has hired the whole staff and set up all equipment.
- His key achievements include managing the #1 Distribution Center for the company for 12 years, 12 years with no incidents, no lost time, no accidents and inventory accuracy of 99.9%. They had 1 year with NO shipping errors.
- He is an advocate for LEAN training and LEAN principles and trains his staff in LEAN. He has experience managing up to 5 direct reports and 100 indirect reports (including temps).
- He is very approachable and believes everyone learns differently.
- Candidate 1WL is located in Georgia.